Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Children's Book Review: There's A Train Going By My Window

 

Name of book: There's A Train Going By My Window
Author / Illustrator: Written by Wendy Kesselman and illustrated by Tony Chen
What's It All About: A little girl dreams of going around the world on the train that goes by her house.  She meets many animals all interestingly and beautifully illustrated.  Each page is a rhyme. 
My Favorite Bit: The page with all the hippos playing hide and seek with the little girl.  Excerpt:

 " Arriving in Africa 
Chucka-chuck, chucka-cheek 
I'll go swimming with the hippos 
And we'll play hide-and-seek. "

Suitable Age For Reading It To: This is a great story for all ages.  The rhymes and sophistication of the illustrations are enough to capture the attention of the older children and still colorful and simple enough for the younger ones as well.  I highly recommend it.
Go Get It: There's A Train Going By My Window (This one's a little harder to find, too, but don't stop the hunt! It's really worth it.)
A little about the author and/or illustrator: Wendy Kesselman is mostly a playwright and I can't find much about her, so we'll leave it at that.  Tony Chen is an illustrator who also has illustrated a children's story Bible that looks beautiful though I haven't found it to read.  Sorry there's not more here but these people seem a little obscure to rake info up on.  Happy reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment