Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Beatrix Potter Review of Book Eleven: The Tale Of Mrs. Tittlemouse


Name of Book: The Tale of Mrs. Tittlemouse
Author/Illustrator: By Beatrix Potter
What's It All About: Mrs. Tittlemouse keeps a very tidy house indeed.  It is too bad there are so many uninvited guests: bees, spiders, butterflies, creepy crawlies, and even a Toad! Mrs. Tittlemouse is beside herself because she cannot keep the house clean.  Who should come calling because they have smelled the honey of the bees but Mr. Toad who treads water all across Mrs. Tittlemouse's clean floors.  Will she ever be rid of them all?
My Favorite Bit: I'm afraid that despite a very cute little mouse in a dress, I do not care much for this story.  There are quite a few creepy crawlies in her house and I shiver every time I pass the page with the spider all curled up.  I do enjoy the end when Mrs. Tittlemouse has finally cleaned her house and hosts a party for other smartly dressed mice, so this shall have to be my favorite bit.


Suitable Age For Reading It To: This can be for all children but I would stay away from anyone who is squeemish about bugs or uninvited guests. 

No comments:

Post a Comment