Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Beatrix Potter Review of Book Twenty-Two: Appley Dapply's Nursery Rhymes


Name of Book: Appley Dapply's Nursery Rhymes
Author/Illustrator: By Beatrix Potter
What It's All About: I shall not cover each individual rhyme in this beautiful little book but it is a collection of short poems with some of the loveliest illustrations Potter has done.  There are some old characters and some new ones (including a guinea pig!)
My Favorite Bit: I love this little Guinea pig brushing his hair! "All girls who like to brush and comb, should have a pet like this at home." -- Okay, that was One Fish Two Fish Red Fish Blue Fish but it's so apt.


Suitable Age For Reading It To:
This one is for everyone (including me...excuse me while I go read it again). 

1 comment:

  1. Feel bad for the guinea pig. Looks like a hopeless task

    ReplyDelete