Monday, June 27, 2011

Original Tale: How Came You To Be So Blue?


One, two, three, and four
Three little goslings and a mother goose more
All stopped by my house today 
They weren't colored in a normal way

One, two, three, and four
Three little goslings and a blue goose more
"How came you to be so blue?"
Was the thing I asked Goose Two

"Sat beneath a painter's paint
Watched the painter paint a gate
Got a drop or two on me
Said this is the life I see."

One, two, three, and four
Three little goslings told their mother more
"Let's be blue instead of white,
 Let's give Farmer Brown a fright."

"How came you to wander here?"
This I asked to goslings dear
"Wanted washing," honked the one
"We tried blue and now we're done."

Rubbed my chin and cocked my head
"Wait for rain," was all I said
Wagging tails to show delight
Rain came down and now they're white.


Written and Illustrated by R. Nigh

1 comment:

  1. Love this poem! Gonna read it to the kids tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete