Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Children's Book Review: I Will Surprise My Friend

Name of Book: I Will Surprise My Friend
Author / Illustrator: Written and Illustrated by Mo Willems
What It's All About: Gerald and Piggie watch a squirrel surprise its friend.  Elephant and Piggie want to surprise each other.  They creep up behind a big rock and wait for the other to jump out and surprise them but each one waits for the other to surprise them.  What's taking so long?
My Favorite Bit: This book came as all books should--as a surprise in the mail from some dear friends Abel and his mother Bethany.  Thank you both so very much! We love everything about this book.  Perhaps my favorite page is when Gerald says, "I must save her!" and Piggie, thinking Gerald has gone home to lunch says, "I will get lunch!" I simply love their expressions.  This book has us giggling every time.

Go Get It: I Will Surprise My Friend at Amazon US in hardcover (seriously. go get it.)
Suitable Age For Reading It To: Get this for your Grandpa, your niece, your child, your spouse.  It's perfect for everyone!
A Little About The Author / Illustrator: For my little blip about Mo Willems, check out my earlier post here.

No comments:

Post a Comment