Friday, August 19, 2011

Children's Book Review: The Spooky Old Tree

Name of Book: The Spooky Old Tree
Author / Illustrator:  By Stan and Jan Berenstain
What It's All About: Three little bears go out to explore a spooky old tree: one with a light, one with a stick, and one with a rope.  Do they dare go up that creaky old stair? Yes.  They dare.  This is another book with large print and moderately easy words for beginning readers (plus the illustrations are top notch).
The first little bear losing his rope.

My Favorite Bit:  My favorite and my best is when they dare to walk down the spooky old hall.  As a child the picture confused me until I realized that the axe had split the walking stick in half.  To this day I don't know why I didn't get that but there it is. 
Go Get It: The Spooky Old Tree in hardcover on Amazon US.
Suitable Age For Reading It To: This one is a little spooky so be careful with your young ones under four who don't like scary stories.  Otherwise, this book is great for all ages and another good one for kids who are just starting to read.
A Little About The Author / Illustrator: Check out my earlier little bit on Stan and Jan HERE.

No comments:

Post a Comment